Monday, March 2, 2009

New Week, New Possibilities

So, on Friday I chatted with my Mom about all of the issues I was having below. Turns out, my brother has decided to postpone his wedding for probably about a year. Yay! Plans are back on for Kansas, Julie G!

She recommended paying off the credit cards and saving, which was my initial plan before all this engagement happened.

She also really pushed for a non-winter wedding. Mostly, keeping in mind older guests that would be attending from 4+ hours away. I explained that the issue was saving money to pay for the big day and avoiding the Legislative Session and 2010 Campaign season. Then, she offered to help us out in that department. This conversation combined with the news of my brother's postponed wedding has given me hope that we could get married this September or October! Time for a blog name change.

Now, I've got to call the Pastor again to check his availability. Then, we're on a new reception venue search. We've had an offer from a friend to brew us two kegs of beer for a wedding gift, so we need to find somewhere that will let us do that (by some miracle). Also, another friend offered to cater it for us. This was a slightly less realistic offer but good nonetheless. Anthony's sister is going to make our cake and his aunt has offered to make a dress for me. I'm loving that this is turning out to be a family-centered party and not a vendor-center event.

Anyone have a good idea about where to have the reception? Somewhere near my church (Snelling and Marshall) with free parking, and allows us to have our own alcohol and possibly a non-standard caterer. Somewhere that has dates open in September or October where we could have a dance party that isn't insanely expensive (glaring at Eagan Community Center). Ideas?

(Picture of a couple outside the Landmark Center in St. Paul)

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I can't wait to see you in October and your wedding is gonna be awesome! Two Julies right in a row! What could be better?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie!! I'm so happy you'll be able to come to our wedding!!!
    Hopefully it isn't super hard to find a place that lets you bring in your own food and alcohol - as I'm doing more research, I'm finding out that fall weddings are considered 'off season' and venues will often let you do things that go against their regular policy if it guarantees that the date will be booked.

    ReplyDelete