Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Invitations are Out

They've been out for more than a week now and we've pretty much finished the wedding website! The RSVPs are trickling in, via email, snail mail, phone and our RSVP form on the website. We may have given people a few to many venues. (The best part is the songs people are requesting.)

I gave Anthony some examples of invitations that I liked for inspiration and he created the most awesome cards that convey our style and set the feeling for the day.

Inspiration:





The Result:
He designed them to fit two per 11x17 sheet of paper and so they would fit in an envelope available at Office Max.



Anthony purchased the paper from Anchor Paper at their retail storefront in Burnsville. His company, EAC, was gracious enough to let us print the invitations on their color laser printer. Anthony set them up in InDesign to coordinate printing front and back. Then, he took them to Kinkos to be cut with a big scary guillotine.

At home, Anthony meticulously folded each card, as I stuffed and addressed the envelopes. He had also printed our return address to make things easier. $40 for postage, $16 for 100 envelopes + $40 for a ream of 11x17 gloss cardstock = $96 invitations. $1.20/invitation. Not too shabby. And we have plenty of leftover paper, so maybe we'll use it for thank-you cards or Christmas cards.

We also collaborated on the website, julieandanthony.com:


My Groom is so Great.

3 comments:

  1. You are so smart about stuff! I wish I would have been more behind you in wedding planning so I could learn from your smart ideas :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The invitation was in my mailbox when I got back from the weekend. They're lovely and really suit you guys! Great work :)

    - Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks Erica, it felt like it took us forever to finish the design and we're still not satisfied with how everything looks on the website. But it's functional!

    Julie - I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head, but really Anthony is the one who executes them and makes everything happen. So glad you can make it!

    ReplyDelete