Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bring Your Dancing Shoes


Photo from Altmix Photography

Anthony and I don't agree on a lot of things about planning the wedding. But the one thing we pretty much always agree on is the playlist.

In fact, it may be the thing that we are both most excited about. Every time I think about dancing to a fun song at the reception I just get so happy.

We've picked our first dance song - Lori McKenna's, "Witness to Your Life". I knew that I loved Anthony for real, when I put this song on a mix for him and he became as obsessed with it as I was.

I'm thinking "Daddy's Hands" by Holly Dunn for my dance with my dad. It's a good 80s country song that makes me think of my childhood. And one of my criteria was something we could two-step to and this definitely fits the bill.

Beyond that it will probably be lots of fun stuff that we like. Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness, Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger, Miranda Lambert - Kerosine, Needtobreathe, Kenny Chesney - Ticks, Dan Wilson - Free Life. And lots more that I just can't think of right now.

Should we put a song request line on our RSVP cards?

1 comment:

  1. I wish your blog had an "I like this" button, haha :) The request is an unique and fun idea.
    - Erica

    ReplyDelete